Summer Vocal Course in Italy: New Dates for 2019!
Study the foundations of bel canto technique with soprano Delia Surratt and perform for the Italian public. Professional and avocational singers are invited to participate in the course. Daily group lessons are taught in both English and Italian.
Maestra Surratt’s course typically runs during the third week of August. This year's dates are Monday, August 19th through Sunday, August 25th.
This voice course is part of Assocazione Umbria Classica, a two-month summer music festival with weekly courses for various instruments and voice. It has been operated by the Martinelli family for 30+ years. Learn more at umbriaclassica.com.
The week-long course includes room and board, twice-daily group lessons (2-3 hours per lesson), evening concerts, and various cultural experiences and interactions.
Location: In summer 2019, the course will relocate to Foligno, Umbria. Previous locations include Chianciano Terme, Toscano (2018, 2017), and Norcia, Umbria (until the 2016 earthquakes).
Singers are encouraged to fly into Rome’s Fiumicino Airport a few days in advance of the course. A room can be reserved at a B&B within proximity to Maestra Surratt's apartment, or accommodations can be made on your own.
Suggested Budget: 1300€
● Pre-course: Intro lesson with Maestra Surratt in Rome
● Transportation between Rome and Foligno
● Private hotel room in Foligno for the duration of the course (typically 6 nights)
● Breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the course
● Daily instruction during the course
● Airfare to and from Rome Fiumicino
● Accommodations in Rome before the course
● Meals not taken at the hotel during the course
● Expenses before or after the course
● Impromptu outings, sightseeing on your own, etc.