Summer Vocal Course in Italy
Study the foundations of bel canto technique with soprano Delia Surratt and perform for the Italian public. Professional and avocational singers are invited to participate in the course. All singing lessons are taught in both English and Italian.
Maestra Surratt’s course runs during the third week of August. This year's dates are Friday, August 17th until Thursday, August 23rd. Please subscribe to my newsletter for updates.
This voice course is part of Assocazione Umbria Classica, a two-month summer music festival with weekly courses for various instruments and voice. It has been operated by the Martinelli family for 30+ years. Learn more at umbriaclassica.com.
The week-long course includes room and board, twice-daily group lessons (2-3 hours per lesson), evening concerts, and various cultural experiences and interactions.
Location: In summer of 2017 the course relocated to Chianciano Terme in the Tuscan region of Italy. The previous location of Norcia in Umbria was damaged during the 2016 earthquakes.
Singers are encouraged to fly into Rome’s Fiumicino Airport a few days in advance of the course. A room can be reserved at a B&B within proximity to Maestra Surratt's apartment, or accommodations can be made on your own.
Suggested Budget: 1200€
● Pre-course: Intro lesson with Maestra Surratt in Rome
● Transportation between Rome and Chianciano Terme
● Private hotel room in Chianciano Terme for the duration of the course (typically 6 nights)
● Breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the course
● Daily instruction during the course
● Airfare to and from Rome Fiumicino
● Accommodations in Rome before the course monteverdeguesthouse.com
● Meals not taken at the hotel during the course
● Expenses before or after the course
● Outings, such as a visit to the thermal spa in Chianciano Terme, sightseeing on your own, etc.